Saturday, August 6, 2011

From an email to OS91: "I have been led by the Holy Spirit to approach and talk to every law enforcement officer I see in public. I walk up to them, introduce myself, thank them for their service, tell them we are praying for them and give them a plastic Psalm 91 card.

My prayer is that the officers I meet will tell others and the Word will spread. My vision is still that every law enforcement officer in this County will have an opportunity to wear and carry the God Bless America Cross and Psalm 91 card. The Wed. and Thurs. night chapel volunteers have been given a cross and card. I now wear the cross pin on my hard ID card that allows to enter the jail day or night but just passing it by the scanner. By the grace of God, to my knowledge, I am the only chaplain allowed to take a guitar into the jail.

We have been having amazing services on Wed. night. The fire of God is falling and men are falling to their knees, crying out to God for forgiveness, accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Revival fires are spreading throughout the jail. 1,000 inmates a month hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Groups are coming from all over the nation to observe our chapel, drug dorm, spiritual dorm and other programs. A number of years ago we were having 79 reports of inmate on inmate violence per month. The first 6 months of 2011 we had 3!   One reason, Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment