Monday, May 2, 2011

Yellow Ribbon Event

Reading My Own Psalm 91 Book to Children at Yellow Ribbon Event
 "We have great joy and consolation in your love, because the hearts of the saints (Soldiers) have been refreshed by you, brother & sister." Philemon Vs 7
What an incredible weekend of loving and refreshing our Soldiers.  Thank you for the Psalm 91 materials and for praying for all of us as we went to San Antonio, TX for a Yellow Ribbon event with over 500 soldiers and family members. YOUR love refreshed their hearts.  We were able to place close to 350 Psalm 91 books & children book into their hands, and give them a hug, prayer and listening ear.  Some broke into tears and one even crumpled to the ground overcome with emotion.  A simple message,"You are not alone, God loves you and people are standing in prayer with you", was the key to unlock the emotion they were holding secretly inside.  John 14:18 promises "I will not leave you orphans (alone) I will come to you."  Simple but staggeringly powerful.  I looked into eyes this weekend of wives wondering if today is the day someone knocks on their door delivering the message that they have lost their husband. Eyes of Soldiers 30 days from deployment, on the surface strong but underneath fearful.  When we were reading the "My own Psalm 91 book" in the kids session, a 5 year old boy looked up at me and quietly said, "I miss my mommy."  We sat at lunch with a wife of a soldier and their 10 year old special needs son.  As I watched her feed him, wipe his mouth and love him; I could not imagine what she goes through on a moment by moment basis. Her husband has been deployed for the last 6 months, currently there is no replacement unit so there is an indefinite time frame before he comes home.  We prayed with a young 20 year old girl, a newlywed who's husband has been gone since August.  In tears she shared "its like he is dead, not real, I battle with divorcing him, I don't know if I can make it." God touched people, encouraged people and gave them hope.  Words can not express how appreciative we are that you stand with us. Lay your head on the pillow tonight knowing God is using your prayers to make a difference. It was a miracle that God sent you to (us).
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment