Sunday, January 30, 2011

Testimony of OS91 Partner Chaplain

I must share with you a story. This week I have been taking some down time at our cabin in NC. On Tuesday we stopped in a local restaurant for some lunch. A voice from behind me spoke and I recognized a former co-worker who has just returned home from the Middle East where he (a former Marine) was assigned as an instructor for a Marine K-9 unit, training and accompaning them on missions. He shared some of his experiences to include being asked to be an assistant to the unit chaplain. His conduct while with these young Marines gave him the opportunity to share his relationship with Jesus resulting in leading some to receive Christ.

Next month he is being sent to India and neighboring Hindu countries to train law enforcement members for the US State Department. He explained that when in these countries he tries to establish a relationship with an orphanage and aids them in obtaining items that directly benefit the children that they could not otherwise get. Much of that is books, especially those with a Christian message. I invited him to my truck and retrieved several copies of the Toddlers Psalm 91. He could not believe that I was carrying just what he was looking for. He took two sleeves of Psalm 91 cards to share with military friends and Law Enforcement officers in Bangladesh, India and South Africa.

I have told him that if he needs other copies of anything I have given him, ( I had sent a copy of the book earlier) to just contact me.

A chance meeting at a restaurant in NC with an old friend, leading to spiritual discussions, sharing a need, and the Word travels to three countries where the people desperately need Our Lord.
Thank you for your invitation to me to join with you to share the promise of His protection .


No comments:

Post a Comment