Thursday, May 17, 2012

Psalm 91 testimony

OS91 received this via email from a mother of a Marine:
"My son told me the following story:

They just returned from a most horrendous combat mission and before they left, their superiors told them that this would be a most extremely dangerous mission and honestly told them that many of them may not return.  Sergio said, "Mom, we were getting ready to leave and all of us were saying goodbye as if it would be our last time ever to see each other.  I was reading the Psalm 91 card you sent me and praying it when Danny (his very good friend and now a friend of our whole family) came up to me and said, 'I'm scared Serge, let's pray.'  I said, "I already am" and showed him the card.  We read it outloud together and said it as a prayer over ourselves.  We said "amen" at the end, hugged each other, said goodbye and both got into different helicopters to be taken to our different missions for this op not knowing if we would ever see each other again.

I am praising the Lord to tell you that he DID return and so did Danny ... Sergio carried the card in his pocket during the mission but when he returned he found that it had been lost.  He said, "Mom, we went thru rivers and up mountains and down mountains and somewhere it got lost.

I told him I would send him the other one we have and I just sent it yesterday but that's the last one we have and I would love to send many more of them to him and I know he would distribute them among his fellow marines and it would be a huge comfort to them.  

Once again, thank you for your support and for what you are doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment