Saturday, June 26, 2010

OS91 Partner David Barlow in NC distributes Ps 91 books

David Barlow, Captain 5802
Landis Fire Department, NC
The books are going well.  I have two boxes left of the Military Version.  I also have not forgotten your offer to tell the story of how I am using them and distributing them.  I wanted to share this with you.  Tomorrow afternoon (6-26-10) I will be attending a Fire Department Recruit class Graduation for the City of Concord Department of Fire and Life Safety and will be providing books for the graduates and their families.  I have taken the liberty of writing up a brief flyer that explains how these have been provided.  I also have the permission of the Principal at our High School to place a shelf on our Fire Service Memorial Wall along with a sign offering the books for anyone that may like one.  I also have been giving the books to all of our guest speakers that have been visiting our classroom.  Everyone has been very receptive and love the books.  I also gave copies to all the veterans (staff and teachers) on Memorial Day.  I would like to request 6 more cases of the Psalms 91 Military Version so that I can distribute them on 9/11/10 at the 9/11 Memorial Service that is to be held at Concord Fire Station #8.  My CHS Fire Academy Honor Guard is to participate along with the Honor Guards from Concord Fire and Life Safety, Concord Police Department, Cabarrus Sherriff's Department.  We will be dedicating a piece of the World Trade Center in the memorial on that day and we should be receiving good press coverage. 
Some really good news is that my fledgling Fire Academy with its 21 students has grown and next school year we have 122 students signed up for the program.  Check the Blog this next week for some new updates.  www.chsfireacademy.blogspot.com
Thanks again for all that you do.
David Barlow
Chief CHS Fire Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment